Packing and moving a house in safe and sound condition requires some planning and preparations. Right from finding packers and movers companies to buying packing materials and getting all of your household goods packed insured and moved is not going to be easy. There is no scope of any human error because even a small mistake could cost you a lot. Whether you like it or not, if you are not alert, chances are there will be some errors, but if you can pay a little bit of attention and just double check everything during your move then things are going to be fine for you.
Here’s a list of some of the most important tips that may help you when you are doing packing and moving of a house.
- Create a list and mention almost each and every item you want to pack and shift. Create another list to separate items that you don’t want to move. If you plan to hire a Packers and Movers company to help you then start finding recommendations of movers. If you plan to do it yourself, move to the next step.
- Arrange or buy sufficient number of packing boxes so that you don’t run out of it. Since you have the list if all of your household stuff to be packed and moved, you will get a good idea of what types of packing materials will be required and in what quantity. Buy a little more than you think you will need. This is very important, unless you want to compromise with the safety of your household goods.
- You may like to buy wardrobe box or cardboard box for packing of wardrobe and other stuff that can be shifted within the wardrobe e.g. clothes that can be hanged and moved.
- You may like to put small items into the bottom of the wardrobe while packing. This is just to save some space in your moving truck.
- Pack items in groups like items that you need together must be packed together in the same box. This will make your life easy while searching for such items at the time of unpacking.
- Start packing your items from the day one. Lots of people think there is time and they can do it later, but trust me it will cause delays. So start packing and planning now.
- Pack and carry all valuable goods like jewellery, important documents etc with yourself instead of sending it in the moving truck.
- Make sure to buy sufficient insurance to ensure you don’t lose much in-case there is any mishap or an accident etc during the transit.
- If you are hiring a moving company, ask them for any hidden cost, free offers like if they will offer a couple of days free warehousing if required or not.
- Leave the keys of your old home and put a label on the door with your new address. Get keys of your new home in advance.
Over to you
Whether you are packing and moving everything of your own, whether you are planning to hire a packers and movers service provider, you have to be very careful and look after every process carefully. Just double check that packing is performed to your satisfaction, loading is done in logical manner, have insured your goods. Once you goods reach its destination, get everything unloaded quite carefully and unpack them slowly.
Have you packed and moved your goods in recent time? Feel free to share your experiences and ideas with us.