Office shifting is different than a typical home shifting because when you are doing a home shifting you can manage to take leave for a couple of days. But when you think of shifting an office, you can’t even imagine taking a leave. Why? I heard you asking. Because, there are products to be shipped and services to be delivered to your customers. They are. You can’t afford to lose the production or at least you have to ensure that the work is least affected.
Depending on the size of your office and strength of the team, office shifting may sound like a big headache. But trust me, if you have a plan in place and delegate some of the responsibility on your team members then things will be much easier to manage. It’s always a good idea to involve your team members and let them pack their own cabins and label them properly so that they can locate their own goods after delivery. Involving team will also help you ensure that only necessary office goods are being packed. What else can be done to shift an office without affecting the work and losing the productivity? There are so many things that you should look at but here are the 10 most important tips for you to get started with corporate and office shifting.
- Give ample time to yourself and start your planning at least 4 weeks before relocating. There is a lot to do. So the earlier you start the greater the chance you have to achieve a successful relocation.
- No matter how energetic your team members are, it’s a good idea to hire a professional movers and packers company who offer office shifting services in your city.
- When a mover comes to your office to do a survey, tell them clearly what you expect from them. If you have decided to look after some of the packing by yourself then it’s better to let them know.
- One of the biggest challenges for you to get your office relocated without affecting the work. So let the mover know this and ask them to start packing items that you don’t require immediately.
- For example, most of us work on computer or telephone these days. So make sure to pack computers and phones at the end of the packing.
- Start packing files and other accessories first, and carry on packing based on usability.
- While packing computers, just make sure to label each of the wire, cable, mouse, keywords and other components, so that your team members can locate and fit it immediately without having to search through.
- It’s a great idea to make a moving in-charge in each team and he will coordinate the process with their teams.
- Broadcast your moving schedule in advance to all your team members so that they can schedule their commitments according to the plan. If there is anything that need immediate attention then they can pay attention to that prior to moving.
- I am intentionally living this blank for you so that you can add your own tip here depending on the circumstance that you are in 🙂
Just hiring a mover and leaving everything on their team will not work. It would be better if you can supervise the process or make team members do the supervision and get their own goods packed and labeled properly. By just taking few precautions, you can save lots of your precious time and productivity while moving an office.
Ps: Here’s a good post on how you to prepare for office shifting in India.